Concerning This Park
Situated from the many fjord that is southerly the united states, Porteau Cove Provincial Park features waterfront campsites having a view over Howe Sound towards the hills beyond.
A vintage ship happens to be sunk to give interest for scuba divers also to attract life that is marine. You can find unique facilities for divers.
Date Established: 24, 1981 Park Size: 56 hectares (4 hectares of upland and 52 hectares of foreshore july)
Know Prior To Going
- Tide, weather and wind conditions can transform instantly in Howe Sound. Be careful while boating and swimming in this area.
- Please guarantee young ones are supervised while from the crisis ferry pier.
- Scuba divers aren’t allowed to utilize the motorboat launch.
- The BC Rail train track skirts the boundary of this park. Going into the park calls for crossing the train track. This can be a train that is controlled, be careful and obey all signs.
- You will find 2 low tide markers near the drifting dock that aren’t mooring buoys and mark extremely water that is shallow. Anchoring is prohibited in the park boundary.
- Because of appeal and measurements associated with the campground, BC Parks has implemented a stay that is maximum of 7 evenings within the peak season in this park (June 15 to Labour Day, comprehensive). Reservations are designed through BC ParksвЂ™ Discover Camping Reservation System.
- Leave No Trace: examining the rocky coastline at Porteau Cove may be a thrilling and gratifying experience, but fishing, shellfish harvesting or elimination of other marine life isn’t permitted. Continue Reading…